Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jungle King Touchups


The Chicago Pinball Expo is being held in a week or so, and Alex and I will be attending, bringing with us our first project to set up in the Exhibit Hall/Free Play area. Jungle King has been operational since May of this year, but there were always a few niggling things that I had been meaning to fix or replace; the Expo gives me an excuse and a deadline to wrap them up. We replaced the legs (not with original Gottlieb-style, but close enough), the coin door, a few problematic lamps, and a couple of plastic lane guides with faded color. We also cleaned up the stepper units again (they have started to get a little dirty in just a few months), and re-adjusted the scoring wheels, to make sure they spin free.
After everything had been buffed up, we trotted the King out for a quick photo-shoot; one of the shots is displayed above. Some of the rest have been added to this web page, under the Jungle King tab. Seeing it all put together, the transformation is very gratifying to behold. I hope it works at Expo...

1 comment:

  1. I have this same machine, I was wondering if you could tell me how many tilts are in the machine. Mine tilt is stuck on, I know about the ball tilt and the tilt in the door. Are there more than those two tilts? TIA

    ReplyDelete