Sunday, August 29, 2010

Flash Runs! (And I Give Up)

After weeks of continuous consternation and vertiable vexation, Flash's MPU board was still staring at me tauntingly, knowing that only one minor tweak would have him purring like a kitten. But since I didn't know what that one tweak was, and time was running short, I folded like a deck chair, and simply bought a combination replacement board for the MPU and driver boards for Flash. I'll keep the old boards, and maybe next time around, I'll diagnose their problem properly, but in the meantime, the new board works terrifically, and Flash Runs, Flash Runs!

The right flipper is a bit weak, due to a partially shorted coil, but the new coil has been ordered, and otherwise, the game runs very smoothly. I expect to have him completely assembled, and moved into our garage/arcade by the weekend.

Speaking of which, is getting a bit crowded, at least for our tiny one-car structure. Popeye, Playboy, and Jungle King are sitting there now, and the Robotron video game will soon be joining them. Once Flash joins the brotherhood, there will be five pieces, with another 3 distressed pins sitting there like ladies in waiting. By way of celebration, we're looking forward to a little pinball party this weekend. I hope you're free.

No comments:

Post a Comment